|1. I believe in one God (Deuteronomy 6:4), eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19, John 15:26, II Corinthians 13:14). Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity, is the only begotten Son of the Father.
2. Scripture clearly states that we are all sinners, separated from God by our sin, and that the consequences of our sin will be an eternity of separation from God in hell.* Roman 3:23-24 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
* Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
* Romans 3:10 “As it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one.”
* Romans 10:9-10 “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”
3. Recognizing our sin and separation from God, we must then acknowledge our need for reconciliation with God. This reconciliation can only be accomplished by placing our faith in Jesus Christ and his atoning death on the cross and resurrection from the dead. Our salvation is a free gift from God. We are saved by grace through faith in Christ alone.
* Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
* Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.”
* John 5:24 “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.”